26 December 2016

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve! 
We searched and searched the stores (they were sold out!) for another gingerbread village, and finally found one. I know, I know, so much sugar, but I was running out of fun things to do by this time...so gingerbread house village #2 for the year!



Then we had to get outside to run off some energy and anticipation. They were driving me crazy!







We had a little Christmas talent show at Grandma and Grandpa's house, which was so fun!


(Celia played her violin too.)



Grandpa read them a story, then we all dressed up for a traditional mediterranean dinner! We chose Bible names, especially the names of those closest to Joseph and Mary, and pretended we were in Nazareth, sending them off on their journey to Bethlehem. :) 


The kids loved it, and lucky for us, a good number of Richardsons have lived, studied in, and visited the Holy Land! So there was lots of authentic and homemade food there. Tasty!!



Then the nativity. Cora was Mary this year and cousin Cam just wasn't too happy to lay in the manger (basket)...

 

...then his sister Saige jumped into the basket and Cora exclaimed, "I got twins!!" :)


And this year there was a reindeer in the nativity (Bowen) ... (rolls eyes). He insisted.


Grandma Enid has sooo many great-grandchildren, I don't know how she keeps them straight! But somehow she does and they think she's great. 


We finally headed home and BOY were these kids excited! Notes, cookies, and carrots were left out for Santa and his reindeer. :)


Here's "Santa's" hard work... ;)






I realized it's awfully fun to play with the camera at night!





 Happy Christmas Eve!
(Thank heavens Travis and I didn't catch the flu this year...last year's Christmas Eve and morning was painful!)






























No comments: