12 April 2013

Almost There

Our last weekend before TAX DAY.
Our last Saturday without Daddy around the house.
We've almost made it!
Here's our (let's face it) my weekend checklist:

1. Host book club tonight. (Which means dusting, vacuuming, cleaning up and mopping the floor at the last possible second so there will be NO spills due to messy children once my friends arrive...there's no point in doing it all week long, you know, just to have another mess made.)
2. Vacuum pack and freeze 20 lbs. of chicken.
3. Shampoo and vacuum the trunk of our van for a THIRD time due to the raw chicken juice spill from the above chicken. Except it was actually from 80 lbs. of chicken in the trunk. (Talk about one rancid smell...)
4. Recover all our couch pillows. We have more than I thought.
5. Plant our little lettuce, spinach, broccoli, and pea sprouts in garden boxes! YES! Spring is here!
6. Plant my new gladiolus bulbs! Where to put them, where to put them...
7. M's first soccer game. Am I now an official "soccer mom"? Hope it doesn't rain for my initiation.
8. Then take M to a "Young Author's Conference" he was invited to. We'll see how he takes a "critique" of his writing...I mean, the kid's in kindergarten. Sheesh.
9. File last year's photos in photo books. One of the kids' FAVORITE things to do is look through their own photo books. When they move out, it'll be easy peasy for them to know what photos are theirs! (I'm just a year behind...)
10. Oh yeah, exercise in there somewhere...keep three kids fed and alive, that's important too. Although sometimes it is the hardest job, and I'm not kidding.
11. Make these fun origami tulips and maybe stamp some spring flowers like these too.
12. Peruse this fun book I just got in the mail for more crafts to do - I adore her Artful Parent blog!
12. Church and a couple extra meetings on Sunday.
13. And make sure I take a minute to enjoy these beauties. Ranunculus! Little C "helped" me plant them this week...but mostly just dug for worms, as usual.




And more tulips have been popping up, hoorah! They're glorious.


Happy weekend. 
Sunday may be the only sunny day we'll get, but if so, I'll take it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wouldn't worry about those book club ladies. They are all mom's and know there are kids that live in your house! And, you're pregnant! So don't over do it! ;)