I'd forgotten how wonderful homemade playdough is!
I haven't purchased white flour in years (trust me - it doesn't work with whole wheat flour), and I've been meaning to do it for ages so we could finally make the best, soft, moist, colorful playdough around. Cora had never helped me before (that's how long it's been!). We had to make purple and pink, naturally. :)
While putting the few easy ingredients together, she insisted that pile of granular white stuff was sugar. I assured her no, it wasn't. Yes, it was. NO, it wasn't! I often find myself arguing with this certain three year old...she is one stubborn gal. (For example, I can't teach her letters or numbers because she'll refuse to agree that that letter is an S, and she can write it herself, she knows how to do it, etc...let's just say she's not receptive to any teaching from me!)
So I let her taste a pinch of salt. Just because she insisted it was sugar.
And what did she say?
I was ready for her to make a big scene and say YUCk and ask for a drink.
Watching her face, I know she didn't like it, but she didn't want to admit it. So she smiled a big smile and said, "Mmm, that's yummy!" (Sigh....) I just can't win.
Well, it was a good day because we ended up with some great (salty) playdough!




No comments:
Post a Comment