Well, I thought things would slow down a bit with two in school. Not so.
Last weekend I fought off a bad sore throat, which within hours became a cold, then became sinus issues, which then ended in a MAJOR migraine, the likes of which I haven't had in about two years. Not fun. I have some amazing friends who took the older kids on two different days so I could recover, while Travis was gone literally all weekend at church conferences and meetings. Just glad that's over.
After school hours have been CRAZY too, but it's really all my fault. Three dance classes, karate, soccer, my orchestra rehearsal...what was I thinking? It's alot even without bringing a 5-week old baby along. He gets nursed on the run in the van quite frequently, poor little guy.
Anywho, this isn't my child below, but one adorable nephew who will be moving to Utah this week with his family. We had to spend some time with him and his sister at Grandma's house before they leave!
Love those muscles...
Another cousin and Cora collaborating on a project - too cute:
And yes, that bumblebee headband has gone with her everywhere lately:
Meanwhile, this little guy falls asleep in my arms every day. I just love it, he is so sweet.
Baby giggles and smiles while they are drifting off to sleep are pretty much the cutest things in the world...
And today this girl (no bumblebee, but THREE headbands instead), finally got to go to "her preschool", as she calls it. It's a little co-op with some friends her age, once a week. I know she will LOVE it, since she cries every day when the kids (and some neighborhood friends) all get on the bus without her. She insisted on using big sister's old backpack, of course, even though it's as big as she is.
I mentioned before that we've been eating alot of homemade salsa, and after many experiments here are all our fave ingredients, minus the tomatoes. Between our garden and ones from our CSA farm, we've used plenty of different tomatoes this year. My favorite from our garden is the "Black Krim" tomato, almost purple/deep red inside and very sweet and rich. Our large yellow ones have been very sweet as well. I LOVE them!
Onion, garlic, cucumber, any kind of peppers, cilantro, a sprinkling of sea salt, loads of tomatoes, and...tomatillos! Purple, yellow, and green (below), they're an interesting addition to our diet that I'd never seen before this summer.

After being refrigerated, all this cold salsa has been awfully refreshing to eat!
We're having a mid-90s heat wave, which hardly feels like fall, what about you??







No comments:
Post a Comment