What I've been waiting all summer long for...
This bright afternoon lighting's way too harsh, but mornings and evenings are quite consumed by a little person lately. :)
Our sunflowers are easily 9 or 10 feet high. Crazy!!
Enjoy the last weekend of summer vacation (unless you've started school already)! We spent a fun day at OMSI today - their Mummies of the World exhibit was unreal. Big sis thought it was pretty cool, even though I was a bit creeped out at times.
Aaaand, if you need a way to use up your zucchini, check these out, they all sound amazing:
Especially this one...Chocolate Fudge Zucchini Cookies. You'll thank me later. (I made them Tuesday and I'll admit they rivaled my favorite Nutella cookies.)
We've also made banana bread like crazy, these awesome Blueberry Coconut Muffins, and I tried my hand at homemade salsa because we've gotten a million tomatillos from our CSA farm recently. It turned out yummy and refreshing. After searching lots of recipes on line, I just threw some stuff in a blender: a few tomatoes, one cucumber, one onion, a few garlic cloves, a dozen tomatillos, one red pepper, one green pepper, and some sea salt at the end. Tasty! Nothing spicy, because I know my kids won't eat it. Next time I'd love to add some cilantro and other herbs I didn't have on hand.








No comments:
Post a Comment