We're at least halfway through the summer...you do realize that, right?
I felt like I've spent it just waiting around for this baby...and I'll be waiting around for another three weeks! Gah! But no matter how large and cumbersome I feel, I've been trying to keep things fun for the kids by crossing things off our "Summer Fun List" right and left.
Lately, we've:
*Finished two weeks of swimming lessons. Big sis made HUGE progress and I can tell it gave her some confidence. Little brother on the other hand...he refused to get his face even close to the water for the whole two weeks. Frustrating.
*Saw another hilarious magician at the library. AND some awesome dancers who showcased dances from Tahiti, Fiji, New Zealand, Hawaii, Samoa...I'm sure I forgot an island in there somewhere. But when the guys danced with and spun knives with fire at both ends? That was especially cool. At least little brother thought so.
*Been enjoying some AWESOME warm weather. I don't recall any summer staying so warm for such a consistent period of time. Weeks of sunshine - hooray!
*Tried a fun science experiment with cabbage:
We've done this food coloring experiment with daisies, but the cabbage worked even faster. Within 30-45 minutes, it looked like this:
A couple hours later:
And the next day, they were super colorful! (And stinky. Time to toss them.)
*Enjoyed our church's Pioneer Day, a day to remember and honor the Mormon Pioneers who journeyed to Utah. The kids got tokens after doing some cute activities, then bought candy at the "candy store" with the tokens. They. loved. it. And their rag dolls below:
Panning for "gold":
Loving the "petting zoo":
These girls came home begging for a pet rabbit.
*Said goodbye to a little friend who is moving, celebrating with her and other friends at the park:
Oh the drama. This girl tests my patience to the extreme.
Waiting to surprise their friend:
The "SURPRISE!!" moment:
Cute friends:
*Since I've been getting a bag of plums every week from our CSA farm, I made this Balsamic Stone Fruit Sundae for dessert tonight, adding peaches and cherries. The adults liked it, kids not so much. I must say that one plum seemed to soak up ALOT of the vinegar, which literally made my mouth pucker and eyes water...maybe a little less balsamic next time.
*As of last week, I now have three new nieces. Yay! One was born in April, one in May, and one in July. I'm next!
*Did you follow the Royal Birth news today?
*Have you seen this Catching Fire trailer yet??
Ok, that's enough - hope you've been enjoying your summer!
We're halfway to September.

















No comments:
Post a Comment